Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Another Fabulous Party

Following Snowpocalypse 2011, my mom and Brad's mom utilized all major modes of transportation to make the trek to Atlanta for my second baby shower.  They both flew in on Friday, January 14th, at roughly 6:00.  After meeting each other at the airport, they took a MARTA train up to our neck of the woods, where Brad was supposed to pick them up.  Unfortunately, when Brad tried to get to the MARTA station, the exit was still completely iced over.  After trying several alternate routes, Brad finally had to throw in the towel and head back home and our moms had to take a cab to our house.  All total, it took them about two and a half hours to get to our house from the airport.  Thankfully, they made it all in one piece!

Once they finally arrived, we had a late dinner together and then we all decided to call it a night.  And what an interesting night it was!  In the past, when our parents have visited us together, my mom has slept in the office and Brad's parents have slept in the guest room.  However, since their last visit, the office has been converted into the nursery, so that was not a possibility.  With Brad's mom in the guest room, Brad offered to sleep on the couch, so that my mom could sleep in a bed, albeit in our bed with me.  My mom and I have definitely slept in the same bed before, but it has been a couple of years.  I won't go into too much detail other than to say that it was a complete disaster that ended with me attempting to sleep in the bath tub (Don't ask!  Somehow it made sense at 2:00 am!) and my poor mom eventually sleeping on the floor in the nursery!  It was a definite learning experience, and needless to say, we don't plan on having more than one house guest again anytime soon!  Thankfully, the shower on Saturday was infinitely more successful than our sleeping arrangements!

The invitation
On Saturday, after a relaxing morning, mom, Mary, and I got ready to head to the baby shower, which was hosted by my friends Christine, Jane, Lynn, and Sarah.  Lynn graciously opened up her beautiful home for the shower and Jane even flew in from Indiana.  They did such a wonderful job and I am so thankful to them for throwing such a fabulous party where so many friends came together to celebrate the anxiously anticipated arrival of Little E.  I felt like such a lucky mom-to-be!

Me with the hostesses, Jane, Sarah, Lynn, and Christine


Check out this yummy spread!

The shower was a lot of fun and everyone was amazingly generous.   We received so many wonderful things that we needed from our registry and several things that we didn't even know we were going to need.  My favorite part of the shower was getting all of the great tips and advice from friends who are already mommies and have been in my shoes before.
 
Look at all of these great shower goodies! 
 

At the shower with Brad's mom and my mom

After the shower, Brad picked up my mom, his mom, and all of the gifts, and I went out to dinner at Noche with my friends.  Even though it was pretty late, by the time I got home, Brad and our moms brought everything into the nursery for me to sort through and organize.  I was way to excited to wait until morning!  The whole day was so much fun!

On Sunday, after church, mom, Mary, and I went to Babies R Us to purchase a few more items from our registry because I had coupons and gift cards that were burning holes in my pockets.  We found everything we were looking for and several items were even on sale!  On Sunday evening, we hung the curtains that my mom's talented sister, my Nanny Kay, made to match the crib bedding.  She did such an amazing job and they look perfect in the nursery!!

This photo doesn't even do them justice!  They are utterly adorable!

On Monday, we brought our moms to the airport just as the exterior home renovation project we'd been planning finally got underway... but that's a story for another post.





  

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I didn't know you tried to sleep in the bathtub and the curtains are, indeed, adorable.

    ReplyDelete