Monday, May 23, 2011

Two Months Old!!!


It seems absolutely impossible that Everett is already two months old!  He is growing so quickly and changing everyday.  I keep joking that he'll be heading off to college before we know it, but Brad keeps reminding me not to get ahead of myself.  I recently told a friend, and fellow blogger, that I feel like a terrible mother for not updating my blog for over a month.  She sweetly pointed out that I'm not a terrible mother, but I am a terrible blogger.  For those of you who've been awaiting an update, I will try to get back on track with more frequent posts, but I'm not making any promises.  Every day with Everett seems to fly by in the blink of an eye and I'm finding it difficult to make myself take the time to do things like sitting down at the computer to update this blog. 

I am thoroughly enjoying my extended maternity leave and I am so thankful for the way things worked out.  I had so many days of leave saved up that I was able to take off the entire end of the school year, so my maternity leave rolled right into summer break.   Being able to spend everyday with Everett is so much fun and I love being able to watch him as he grows and develops.  I never would have imagined how amazing it would be to experience a first smile or a first coo or even the first time he sucked his thumb, which he did this morning!  Motherhood is exhausting, but it is also the most fun I've ever had!  I am so in love with my little man and it just keeps getting better everyday!

As you can probably imagine, a lot has happened in the last month, but here's the highlight reel...

Everett celebrated his first Easter, complete with a visit from the Easter Bunny.  We even went to Easter mass, which was a pretty big deal because it was Everett's first outing that wasn't a doctor's appointment.


As you can see, Everett was very excited about his first Easter mass!


Happy Easter from the Fleckners!


Thankfully, Grams helped us survive our first outing.  Notice the fussy baby!

A week after Easter, we headed back to Saint Peter Chanel for Everett's Baptism.  Sadly, due to the tornadoes that wreaked havoc throughout the south, Everett's Godparents, my brother and sister-in-law, were not able to make it for his Baptism.  Although we were so happy to have Everett's grandparents in town for the big event, I was really sad and disappointed when I found out that my brother and his family were not going to make it for such an important event in Everett's life.  After fretting over it all day, I realized that, in the grand scheme of things, it was certainly not the worst thing in the world.  After briefly considering rescheduling, we decided that having him baptized was too important.  We went ahead with Everett's Baptism as planned, sans Godparents, and it ended up being a beautiful ceremony and Everett was a total rockstar.  He didn't make a peep during the whole ceremony, although he did make a poop.  :)  When the Baptism was over, we all went for brunch at J. Christopher's and Everett ate his first meal in a restaurant.  I was probably even more nervous about Everett's first restaurant experience than I was about his Baptism, after all, babies are supposed to cry when they are baptized.  Thankfully, Everett surprised me yet again.  He was a perfect angel!!!


Saint Peter Chanel Catholic Church


All dressed  up and ready to go!


The beautiful christening gown that Everett wore has been in my family for over 60 years!


My mom gave Everett these sweet little booties and the medal below.


My mom and I both have medals like this one.


Once again, Everett was thrilled to be at church.  Anyone noticing a pattern here?


Phew!  Not a peep!


Thanks Father Henry!


Everett's first meal in a restaurant.  Thanks Grams!


Three generations of Fleckner men!

Our next big event was Mother's Day, which we celebrated by going mass and then lunch at Tara Humata, a Mexican restaurant in our neighborhood.  As a special gift to mommy, Everett slept from 9:30 pm until 6:15 am for the first time ever.  Way to go Everett!  After lunch, Brad hung out with Everett so that I could get a massage at Spa Sydell.  It was fabulous!!  It was a perfect first Mother's Day!!!


My first Mother's Day present.  It is Everett's birthstone, aquamarine!


Everett really enjoyed lunch at Tara Humata... so did mommy!

On Friday, May 13th, Everett had his two month well-baby visit at Roswell Pediatrics.  We saw Dr. Josephson, who we absolutely loved!  Everett did so well!  Even though he was hungry and sleepy, he hung in there like a champ while they poked and proded him and asked Brad and I lots of questions.  The nurse even said he had a wonderful disposition!  At this appointment, Everett had to get his first round of vaccines.  The nurse who gave the shots was wonderful, but poor Everett screamed as if someone had, well, as if someone had stuck five different needles in his chubby little thighs!  I, of course, cried like a baby as well!

Everett is still taking both Zantac and Mylanta daily and things are MUCH improved!!!  It turns out that when he isn't miserable due to the pain of reflux, he is actually an incredibly happy baby with a wonderful disposition... just ask the nurse at Roswell Pediatrics.  He still spits up pretty frequently and sometimes in large amounts, but at least he doesn't seem to be in so much pain anymore.  We are eagerly anticipating the day that he outgrows his reflux and doesn't need medication.  But, in the mean time, we will just continue to be thankful that he is still healthy and is now happy and feeling well enough to actually get some sleep and have some fun too!



11 pounds, 4 ounces.  23 1/2 inches.


Everett and Dr. Josephson

Brad had to go out of town May 17th-19th, so Ev and I had our first solo flight and I am happy to say that it was a huge success!  We both missed Brad/daddy tremendously, but I consider the experience to be a big accomplishment for Everett and I.  I never look forward to Brad traveling for work, but at least now I know we can do it!  It definitely helped that Everett and I kept ourselves busy with visitors and errands and on Tuesday, May 17th, Everett had his first play-date.  It was hosted by a friend from my prenatal yoga class, Nicole, and her sweet baby girl Abigail.  Two other moms from the yoga class also brought their little cuties.  Ev's first play-date went really well and I'm pretty sure the mommies had as much fun, if not more, than the babies.  It was great to be able to get together and chat about all the wonderful and not-so-wonderful aspects of motherhood.  Everett was the youngest baby by about a month, but, as you can see in the pictures below, he held his own with the "big kids."


Bennet, Brynn, Abigail, and Everett just chillin' on the couch


Everett's first date with an older woman.  She's getting a little too fresh don't you think?!?!

Here are a few more fun pics...

People let me tell ya 'bout my best friend!

Play time!

I love my new swing, especially the fishies!

Rollin' with my homie!  Our first stroll with Carter and his mommy, Ellen.

1 comment:

  1. Allie, what a beautiful post and gorgeous pictures. I especially loved the sweet one of you holding Everett in his christening gown.
    I do have to say seeing you last week made me realize how much I will miss you. I would love a movie every once in a while, enough to even drive to Roswell.

    ReplyDelete