Sunday, October 31, 2010

New This Week!

1.  Baby Prep Classes
I am very excited to report that we are now registered for all of our baby preparation classes.  We registered for Childbirth Prep, Baby Essentials, Infant and Child CPR, Daddy Boot Camp for Rookies, Becoming Parents, and Breastfeeding, which are all offered at Northside Hospital where I will deliver our baby.  We won't start these classes until January, but we were told that the classes fill up pretty fast, so we went ahead and registered for all of them.

2.  Childcare Research
We have decided that the best choice for us is for me to continue to work after the baby is born.  Because I will be going back to work in August, we will need to find a childcare provider for the little man, so we've started researching childcare providers in our area.  Brad asked me to visit providers in the area to narrow down the search.  Once I've narrowed it down to the top two, Brad will visit and tour the schools to help me make the final decision.  So far, I have only visited Primrose, but I was very impressed!  I plan to continue to visit other childcare providers, but it will take a lot to top what I experienced during my tour of Primrose. 

 3.  Feed Me
I am very happy to say that I haven't gained very much weight so far, but I have a feeling that is about change because lately I feel like no matter what I eat or how much I eat, I am still hungry.  My stomach feels a little bit like a bottomless pit!  I'm trying to make sure I fill myself up with fruits and veggies and other good-for-me foods, but I am just hungry all the time!

4.  Baby Bump
There is no more hiding the fact that I am expecting because I have a definite baby bump these days.  It is really fun to watch my belly grow because I know that it means that Peanut is growing as well.  I love checking out my belly in the mirror right when I wake up in the morning because I swear it looks different everyday!  It certainly makes getting dressed for work slightly more interesting, not to mention the fact that it is becoming increasingly difficult for me to tie my own shoelaces.

5.  Brad has Joined the Party
I mentioned in an earlier post that Brad was not yet able to feel the baby moving, well that changed this week!  A few nights ago, Brad was reading Peanut a bedtime story and Peanut was really moving around.  Brad put his hand on my belly where I was feeling the most movement and he was finally able to feel a few faint movements.  It is so exciting that Brad is a part of the action now!!

6.  Brad's Better Two-Thirds
Like many husbands, Brad will sometimes jokingly calls me his better half.  This week we came to the conclusion that I am currently his better two-thirds, as our family is no longer made up of two people.  We are now a family of three, plus a dog, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment