Thursday, March 3, 2011

38 Weeks and Counting

We had our 38-week appointment today.  Unfortunately, Brad was not able to come to this one with me, but it was relatively uneventful.  I saw Dixie, one of the nurse midwives who could potentially deliver our baby.  I LOVE DIXIE!  She is the midwife who taught the childbirth class we took in early January.  I would be really excited if she ends up being the midwife on-call on our big day because she has loads of experience and she is really cheerful and funny to boot! 

During today's appointment I found out that my Group Strep B test results came back negative, which is a good thing, and my iron levels are excellent.  Dixie said that my iron levels are better than hers, so I'm guessing that means they are pretty good.  Little E's heart rate still sounds great, but I am less than thrilled to report that we are no closer to meeting the little guy than we were last week.  I am still only about 30% effaced and not at all dilated.  We were REALLY hoping that Little E would make an early appearance this weekend because my mom is going to be here visiting us from Saturday to Tuesday, but it doesn't look like he is ready yet.  (Sorry mom!)  I guess I'd better get used to working on the little guy's timeline.  I hope I  have more to report after my 39-week appointment next week!

On the up-side, tomorrow is my last day of work for the rest of the school year!  I had originally planned to work right up until my due date, but due to a highly stressful situation that I've been dealing with at work, I've decided to take some extra time off in preparation for Little E.  This has been a really difficult school year for me and I want to ensure that I leave all of that unnecessary stress behind me.  Luckily, after working in the same school district for nine years, I have a ton of accrued leave, so I will be able to have an extended maternity leave starting on Monday.  The timing of this pregnancy really couldn't have been better and I'm so thrilled with the way that everything worked out!  I love it when a plan comes together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment