Saturday, March 19, 2011

40 Weeks

40 Weeks
Well folks, I am officially ten months pregnant.  Whoever said pregnancy lasted for nine months was a dirty, dirty liar!  We had our 40-week check-up yesterday, and apparently my uterus is quite cozy, because Little E does not appear to be in any big hurry to get out of there.  We saw Dr. Parker and she informed us that I am still only about two centimeters dilated.  At our last appointment I was told that I would most likely be induced on Monday, the 21st, but that is no longer the case.  In fact, Dr. Parker initially said she would like to wait until Friday, the 25th to induce me, but because it looks like E is going to be a pretty big boy and because I can be very persistent when I need to be, she agreed to just give him one extra day.  Now we are looking at inducing on Tuesday, the 22nd, but I'm still hoping and praying that he comes on his own before then.  Maybe tonight's full moon will coax him out!

Of course, everyone has advice on how to get him out of there soon or how I should adjust my perspective, but trust me, none of it is working.  Believe me, it isn't that I want to "rush him" or anything like that, I have just never been more uncomfortable in my entire life!  I've had a relatively easy pregnancy and because I am so thankful for such a blessing I have tried to keep the complaints to a minimum, particularly when posting on this blog, but I've just about run out of steam.  I no longer sleep for more than about two hours at a time (Yes, I know I should get used to this, but it still sucks!), my finger tips are constantly going numb, I get painful cramps in my right hand when I try to write or grasp things, my legs are swollen, my back and hips ache all the time, I have chloasma (dark brown spots) all over my face, I now live in yoga pants and slip-on shoes, and yesterday I experienced blurred vision and numbing of the left side of my face.  Phew, that felt great!  Okay, on the up-side, we are so very close and E will get here in due time!  All I really want is for him to be healthy and happy, it is just really hard to be patient when Brad and I are so eager to meet the next great love of our lives!

Please check back soon for updates!

2 comments:

  1. He will get here in due time. That's why they call it a due date. By the way, your Julia is predicting that he will arrive this (Sunday) afternoon. No matter what, you have an exciting week coming up. I can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not feel bad for complaining... You are 40 weeks pregnant! Vent all you want!! ;) You are so close to having him! I can't wait to hear that he has arrived! Thinking of you every day and praying for a safe and smooth delivery!

    ReplyDelete